WALT: We are learning about conjunctions and how to use them in sentences.
Highlight the conjunctions RED in the sentences below
- We went home and went straight to bed.
- They are rich but they aren’t happy.
- We went home because we were tired.
- We went home early, so we missed the end of the concert.
- We went home when Jane wanted to.
- We went home before the concert ended.
- We went home after Max Jones had sung his first song.
- We went home although / though we did not really want to.
- We will go home if we are tired.
Complete these sentences using a conjunction and making up the connecting sentence. (highlight the conjunction red)
*Use all of these conjunctions below in each of the sentences.
e.g - Gene can go to school because he’s not sick anymore
Gene can go to school if he wants to.
Lena has a sore foot was injured because rugby.
Katareina won't be going to the movie unless she does the chores.
Sione can ride his bike after school
Sally climbed a tree but her mum said to be careful.
Kyle walked home from school because he wanted to walk with his friends.
Simon was full from dinner
Anna watched her sister because her mum said to babysit her.
Scott was in charge while his parents went out
Shelley played ripper rugby even though she wasn't allowed
Today I learned about Conjunctions. I didn't know what it was until i looked at the doc and then
I knew that this would be easy I was confused on a little bit but My friend loseli helped me and then vinolia asked me to help her. I thought it was really fun and It looked hard but now that I tried my best I can always get better.